Wednesday 25 January 2017

I've been busy

Hello, Well, the weather is cold and its far better to stay inside in the warm and craft! I have got my bus pass sorted this week...so I'll be enjoying getting out and about more! When the weather is warmer that is.
                                                   Lets stat with some parchment...
This is a pattern by Florence Holmes. Heaps of cutting out and grid work. It was worked on a bold diagonal grid, and the white work flowers are set off wonderfully well. I added a Happy Birthday. and I am quite pleased how it turned out.
Now scrapbooking.
Granddaughter and her Partner took me to Stratford upon Avon to the butterfly farm. I loved it. I used a new texture paint a friend sent me from USA. It shines so much more then shows up on the photo! and I love it the colours are amazing.

This is me and my dog. A selfie. I have included a close up of  the doggies. I had a cut off of material and I sat cutting out the doggies motifs and sewing them onto a backing of felt.I added a tiny bead for the eyes.I hate sewing. I would never think of sewing a button on or repairing anything! But for craft well..... that's a different matter

Last but not least. A vintage photo of one of my granddaughters,  photoed with her Granddad photos like this are so precious now Kevin is no longer here ,it brings back happy memories. I used a sissix die  to make the rosettes. I added a couple of layers behind the photo and a couple of tassels and ribbons to the one side for added interest. I love the way the pale green and pale pink came together with a pop of the yellow in the patterned paper.
So, that brings my blog up to date. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have been making. Feel free to leave a comment and say hello. Take care of yourselves and remember folks, celebrate our differences and spread some love..





No comments:

Post a Comment