Tuesday 6 June 2017

so much for flamin' June!

Oh  dear! flaming June is anything but! Lots of rain and winds here in the north west. I hope you are fairing better! So first blog post of June. What have I been up to? Mainly scrapbooking. I am doing some parchment but I am making little gifts ready for Christmas  so I can't show those until much later in the year! So on with the pictures! First below is granddaughter Chantel. Old school photos. This page is for a whisper challenge that is sadly drawing to a close. I love the whisper swap! I used Graphic 45 alpha papers for this one.
Below is me. I hope I didn't frighten anyone too much! LOL It was for a challenge on UKS I had to use a photo of me a three word title and   I had to add something on the page using the letters of the word MAY M=MDF heart A=acetate photo overlay and Y=yellow.. I was recovering at Chantels after yet another op on my hip. Daughter Angela and son in law Marc had brought me Tom Daleys book Signed of-course and I love it! Well I would wouldn't I? being a huge fan!

Next is Kevin  again a uks challenge this time I had to use sketch to inspire me. the pages I made the frames from are again a graphic 45 collection. I used Angel mist inks and a vellum quote about the sea.

 
Next is Leo my little dog. I wanted it to be black and white. Not happy with the paw prints on the left but I had a tiny mark on the white card :( and had to cover it somehow!

These next photos are the same page. I started off with this star. A friend cut it for me, thanks too Pol Prince! I added the strips of different coloured card/papers behind the gaps and the flower.Also the ribbon. Then I built my page around it.
I ended up with this. There are MDF stars and dazzlers texture pastes and a shine bright title by Bramblefox. The photo is of my two daughters taken after a race to raise cash for Macmillan Nurses.

close up of Shine Bright. I also added a star stick pin

and the flower

this is the parchment piece. I made this for a friend who wanted a card for a christening.I added the name of the child to the tag later
two close ups so you can see the detail



Well, that's it for this time folks. I hope you have enjoyed looking at what I made. Keep warm and dry! And remember to spread the love. Its been a challenging week.... there  has been evil on our streets again and a lot of sadness. We have to be thankful to the police and ambulance people and the sniffer dogs and anyone else who stopped to give help. We have to go on and live our lives and show we won't be fearful in the face of these evil deeds.But in brings it home how precious life is. so tell those you love today "I love you" give them a hug and say hello good morning to the folk on the street. It costs nothing and a smile doesn't either but it just may brighten someones day.
Spread the love people...spread the love... until next time...byeeeeeee



No comments:

Post a Comment