Wednesday 25 April 2018

good morning

Good Morning and Hello from a dull overcast North west Cumbria! How are you all this morning? I got up super early this morning. Having already walked the dog and had breakfast,I thought I would update the blog while enjoying the first cuppa of the day. Which is the best cuppa of the day!
               So,  lets start with scrapping. Below.. these delightful pups belong to my eldest daughter/hubby and her eldest daughter/partner. Zeus, Harrold, Bertie, and Alfie. Playing in the snow in the park. I used a "woof you" perspective by Bramble Fox on this page and the backing paper is Bo Bunny. It  is all glittered and shiny. and I love it. I also used some die cut snowflakes and brads.
Next is a page featuring a  photo taken at Easter with some family members walking at Ennerdale Water. I used a shaped page on top of a normal square one. Added some MDF chicken wire  brought from Fernli Designs. and chipboard shapes coloured with pro markers. A couple of die cut pine cones and a few Prima flowers and die cut birds.I used string to add round the frame of the shaped paper. I wanted to keep a  out door feel to the page.

Next parchment pieces.
Above is the full card, designed by Tina Cox. the flowers are built up in layers has the close up shows you. It is mounted on rainbow card.

Below, is a design by Alison Yeates. I found this one a great way to use up bigger scraps of parchment. I coloured plain parchment with a blendable pencil and spread the colour with a little scented oil, we call that dorso-ing. I added a small ribbon and bead bow in the centre. The dots were embossed on a fine grid. There are four individual pieces placed together.

Next is a Judith Maslen pattern, coloured in blendable pencil, the Tulip Fairy.

Last but not least is a pattern by Christine Coleman. It was a Fathers Day card I just changed the greeting. coloured again in blendable pencils.
All patterns are in copies of Parchment Craft Magazine. 


Well, that's my blog posts for April. I managed two this month. Looks like the sun is trying to come out! Which would be nice after we have had another couple of days of rain. We are looking forward to a day without power tomorrow while the powers that be work  on the sub station. So I'm off to find the batteries for the DAB radio!   I'll leave you with this thought. I read it on line and thought it was so right!
Be kind to those who are nasty. they are the ones that need it most!
I'll add to that, don't forget to be kind to yourself!
Take care and spread the love
until next time


1 comment:

  1. Oh look at those lovely dogs having fun!! I absolutely love their names!! I just can't get into scrapbooking, no idea why, but I love seeing yours! Some lovely cards here Lynn, the Tina Cox one is very pretty, I love the multi layers of those flowers! The Alison Yeates one is a bit different - I like it! Oh I do love the Flower Fairies, and this one is a treat(especially as Tulips are one of my favourite flowers). That's one of the best Fathers Day cards I've seen - brilliant!! Great work as ever Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete